Password Strength Visualization
Today we’d like to share a little reimplementation of an interesting effect with you. The idea came from this Reddit entry which describes a method of showing an image less pixelated the stronger the password entered is. You can see the idea in action on the signup page of Colibro. We thought this was an awesome idea and wanted to experiment with it, and also with the reverse logic.
So go ahead and try it out: start entering a password in the form and see the image getting a different amount of pixelization. The second demo shows the reverse logic where the image gets more obscured when the password is getting stronger.
The demo is kindly sponsored by HelloSign API: Everything IT requires and Developers love. If you would like to sponsor one of our demos, find out more here.
We hope you like this little effect and find it useful.
References and Credits
- Idea from this Reddit entry
- Password Strength ‘meter’ by Pankaj Parashar
- zxcvbn by Daniel Lowe Wheeler
- Images from Unsplash.com
- imagesLoaded by Dave DeSandro
- Pixelate by Ken Fyrstenberg, Epistemex, License: CC BY 3.0
- Fullscreen image in Canvas by Chrysto Panayotov