New Improved Illustrator SVG Export Settings
If you use Illustrator for SVG wrangling, you’ll love last night’s release. All of the new features make for an easier workflow. Some of them include:
- Better default code that’s easier to hand-edit
- Better ID’s (gone are the days of
#foo_1_), with new options for unique IDs or layer names
- Ability to export individually selected elements at a time
- Higher quality output of SVG shapes, gradients, patterns, symbols, and masked objects
- Ability to change the decimal place precision
- Ability to view the export code output before finalizing
- Easier export of multiple artboards, with a new default
viewBoxcontaining all elements
These features are available on “export”, not on “save as”, and it’s recommended that you retain your original .ai file for future iterations.
Direct Link to Article — Permalink
New Improved Illustrator SVG Export Settings is a post from CSS-Tricks
LEAVE A REPLY
You must be logged in to post a comment.