CSS-Tricks Chronicle XXVI
Hey campers! I like doing these little updates once in awhile to shine a light on the goings-on of CSS-Tricks, related sites, and myself.
So. Many. New CodePen features. 2015 was a pretty good year!
- Take a tour of the Editor to learn how it works
- The Most Hearted of 2015
- CodePen TV (full screen randomization of cool Pens, or any Collection, plus a screensaver)
- A console right in the editor. Works with Sass, too
- There are a bunch of new themes and a really hot new font you can use
- We rejiggered the UI to make it easier to find and add prepreprocessor add-ons
- JSX looks good now
- Editing the title of a Pen is more intuitive
It’s a pretty great place for our kind to find jobs and/or find talent. It’s been crawling with jobs lately.
There were 10 CodePen Meetups this February. A new record for a single month! That includes the first-ever Milwaukee one, which is cool for me as I live there.
I got to go to the Chicago one (great wrapup post) and the last DC one (huuuuuge) as well.
I’m not doing much “speaking” this year, but I’ll be at a number of events in other roles. Like hosting Show & Tell events and stuff. I’ve been enjoying that. I think it’s more fun that me blathering on for 45 minutes.
- March 31, 2016, Clarity Conf (Master of Ceremonies), San Francisco, California
- April 7-9, 2016, SND Workshop (Not sure on role), San Francisco, California
- April 13-15, 2016, ConvergeSE (Show & Tell Host), Columbia, South Carolina
- October 3-5, 2016, An Event Apart Orlando 2016
- October 17-19, 2016, CSS Dev Conf (Not sure on role), San Antonio, Texas
- October 26-29, 2016, Made By Few 2016 (Not sure on role), Bentonville, Arkansas
Gotta RSVP for the Show & Tell at Converge, so I made a Pen:
Another thing I’ve been way into is doing “pairing” videos. One teacher, one student, learning happens, record it. We have one already out, another in the can, and a few more scheduled.
I’d like to do a lot more of it, so stay tuned as I figure out a way to do that. If you have some burning desire to do one, get in touch.
This is kinda what Office Hours was morphing into. Office Hours as a concept didn’t ultimately work out, but I think this will, in the sense it’ll create better long-term content.