CSS-Tricks Chronicle XXVI
Hey campers! I like doing these little updates once in awhile to shine a light on the goings-on of CSS-Tricks, related sites, and myself.
So. Many. New CodePen features. 2015 was a pretty good year!
- Take a tour of the Editor to learn how it works
- The Most Hearted of 2015
- CodePen TV (full screen randomization of cool Pens, or any Collection, plus a screensaver)
- A console right in the editor. Works with Sass, too
- There are a bunch of new themes and a really hot new font you can use
- We rejiggered the UI to make it easier to find and add prepreprocessor add-ons
- JSX looks good now
- Editing the title of a Pen is more intuitive
I’ve been to two SNDMakes events lately. One in Austin and another just recently in Chicago.
In case you didn’t know, the CSS-Tricks Job Board is powered by the CodePen Job Board, as is the ShopTalk Job Board.
It’s a pretty great place for our kind to find jobs and/or find talent. It’s been crawling with jobs lately.
There were 10 CodePen Meetups this February. A new record for a single month! That includes the first-ever Milwaukee one, which is cool for me as I live there.
I got to go to the Chicago one (great wrapup post) and the last DC one (huuuuuge) as well.
I’m not doing much “speaking” this year, but I’ll be at a number of events in other roles. Like hosting Show & Tell events and stuff. I’ve been enjoying that. I think it’s more fun that me blathering on for 45 minutes.
- March 31, 2016, Clarity Conf (Master of Ceremonies), San Francisco, California
- April 7-9, 2016, SND Workshop (Not sure on role), San Francisco, California
- April 13-15, 2016, ConvergeSE (Show & Tell Host), Columbia, South Carolina
- October 3-5, 2016, An Event Apart Orlando 2016
- October 17-19, 2016, CSS Dev Conf (Not sure on role), San Antonio, Texas
- October 26-29, 2016, Made By Few 2016 (Not sure on role), Bentonville, Arkansas
Gotta RSVP for the Show & Tell at Converge, so I made a Pen:
See the Pen Show & Tell at ConvergeSE 2016 by Chris Coyier (@chriscoyier) on CodePen.
Another thing I’ve been way into is doing “pairing” videos. One teacher, one student, learning happens, record it. We have one already out, another in the can, and a few more scheduled.
I’d like to do a lot more of it, so stay tuned as I figure out a way to do that. If you have some burning desire to do one, get in touch.
This is kinda what Office Hours was morphing into. Office Hours as a concept didn’t ultimately work out, but I think this will, in the sense it’ll create better long-term content.
Topic-based shows is the plan for ShopTalk Show this “season”. Things like “Career Paths” and “The Web Animations API”. Multiple guests and one overarching theme. Stay tuned for more of that.
CSS-Tricks Chronicle XXVI is a post from CSS-Tricks
LEAVE A REPLY
You must be logged in to post a comment.